Monday, June 28, 2010

Triathlon

For several years I have eyed the Lake Padden Triathlon, but always had a legitimate excuse for not having time for it, namely school. This year, I ran out of excuses. So, in March I signed up for my first triathlon and began training.

Saturday came and I was quite nervous! It was a cool day, and I'm not going to lie - the lake was cold! It took me about two minutes to clear the mouthful of water that I accidentally swallowed at the beginning, catch my breath and warm up. Then, I was good to go and finished my swim faster than I thought I would!

Here we are getting ready to swim. I'm one of the few without a wetsuit!

At my transition switching from biking to running.

Sprinting the final yards to the finish line

Feeling tough because I finished my first triathlon!

Family photo! Phil and Maxine both came out to support me!

My goal for the race was to finish in an hour and thirty minutes - I finished in 1 hour, 29 min and 20 seconds! So proud of myself for finishing! And now I can check that off the bucket list! Hmm... what to move on to next....

For those interested, here are the race stats: 400 yard swim, 10 mile bike, 2.6 mile run

No comments: