Friday, June 18, 2010

iPhone 4

Last November, after stealing Phil's iPhone to check something online/check facebook/update twitter/play a game one too many times, we decided that we should just get me an iPhone. Phil looked into it as a Christmas gift, but discovered that my contract didn't expire until the summer and the earliest I could get one would be March.

By the time March came around, rumors of the next iPhone were swirling all over the internet and we decided to just wait until the next one came out. So, in total tech-geek fashion, I read the articles speculating on when it would be announced and on the first day of the Apple conference I watched the headlines for the long awaited announcement - the iPhone 4 was coming! June 24 to be specific. Even better - the AT&T store would take pre-orders!

I didn't see any reason to rush out on the first day of pre-orders since it would be open for a week. No problem! Except that it was a problem. Due to lack of foresight/"overwhelming demand" they have already run out of inventory. Even the apple website can't ship any until July 14 and when I tried that, something went wrong.

So basically, I'm left waiting even longer. This wouldn't be that big of a deal except that my phone is painfully crappy and I just can't wait to get rid of it. Alas, I must be patient.... not one of my strong points.

No comments: