Saturday, January 09, 2010

Looking forward to 2010

Happy New Year! Ok, so I'm a little late, but whatever. I'm excited about 2010, and not even too sure why. It just feels like it's going to be an exciting year.

I'm not usually that big on new years resolutions/goals. The past two years I have set one goal which I did accomplish both years - work out a minimum of 3 days of week. For two years straight I have not missed a single week!

Accountability has been the reason that I've kept that goal for so long. My accountability partner is great - it's me! I have a calendar up in my kitchen and I mark each day that I work out. That way, if I miss a week, it sits there mocking me for the rest of the year! Also, at this point, I just don't want to break my streak.


This year, I've decided to set 10 goals for 2010.

We'll start out with the usuals.

1. Lose weight.
2. Eat healthier.
3. Work out a minimum of 3 days per week.

Now, moving on to some new ones.
4. 500 miles - whether jogging, on the eliptical or walking, I want to get 500 miles in this year.
5. Race - not sure if I'll do a 10K, half marathon or mini triathlon, just want to do a race this year.
6. Complete my critical care certification.
7. Go on a big trip
8. Read my bible more
9. Blog at least 10 times a month
10. Talk on the phone more.

I realize that last one may seem a bit odd. The truth is I don't really like talking on the phone. However, I have many dear friends that are far away, and I want to stay in better contact with them.

So there it is - my plan for 2010. I'll try to update throughout the year on how I'm doing on all these goals. As I said before, accountability and tracking are essential if I'm going to accomplish these.

That being said, I'm off to they gym!

No comments: