Monday, December 07, 2009

Not working out today

Today is my "switch" day and I planned on getting in a quick workout. (by switch day I mean that i'm switching from day's to nights at work). I will admit, I REALLY didn't want to, but I felt that I should. Also, looking at my busy week, I probably should in order to get my 3 days in this week.

First I tried the treadmill. After 30 seconds, she slowed down and I realized that it's happened again - our garage is too cold and the treadmill just doesn't want to work. Fine. I'll go to the gym. Got dressed, out the door and down the driveway. Garage door won't close. I figured one of the cats ran under the door so I tried again. No luck. Again, no luck. Finally drove back to the top of the driveway. Checked to see if anything was in front of the sensors. Nope. No cats about. Tried several more times. No luck.

Finally I gave up and pulled my car in the garage. Tried again - it closed.

I'm going to interpret this as God/the universe/karma telling me that I'm just not supposed to workout today.

Instead I should stay in my cozy home.

No comments: