Friday, November 06, 2009

Portland #4

I was going to call this post Portland, but when I looked back on my blog to find links to my previous posts about this annual trip, I realized that several of them were simply called Portland. So I got creative - Portland #4! Umm.... yeah, not so good in the creativity department.

Anyhoo, as I said, we have been on this trip several times before in 2006, 2007 and 2008. It's become an annual tradition and we love it! We join our friend Kevin who is the Director of Sales and Marketing for the Icicle Village Resort in Leavenworth and help him out at the Portland Ski and Snow Show. He gets company for the trip and someone to help him watch the booth, we get free entrance to the show and essentially a free weekend away. Pretty sweet deal!

This year we are staying at the Hotel Modera which is GORGEOUS! It's a 4 star boutique hotel in downtown Portland with wonderful modern decor. We had drinks in the lounge last night - the bartender made a mean raspberry lemon drop which automatically gives them two thumbs up from me!

Then this morning we had breakfast downstairs with the delightful director of marketing for Modera and got to have yummy breakfast. The restaurant is so nice because it has these HUGE windows that make you feel like you are sitting outside.

I'll be heading out to the show this afternoon, but for now I have to finish my assignment for BCIT and get it emailed off.

No comments: