Monday, March 23, 2009

Colorado

Let me preface this post by saying two things: yes, I am spoiled, and yes I do realize it!

The friends that Phil went to Colorado with last year put together a last minute trip to the Denver area this year. Phil asked me about it, assuming that I wouldn't be able to go and that I wouldn't want him to go because I'm sick of being left behind due to school. However, it just so happened that I had those days off from preceptorship! So, we booked our tickets through points (gotta love the free tickets), booked the hotel, and several weeks later we were off.

It's been a dream of mine for a while to visit Colorado and it certainly did not dissapoint! Incredible views, tons of outdoor activities, a huge city and tons of sun. Really, what else could you want????

We got a 3 day pass that allowed us to go to several mountains. Of course the boys could not let these go to waste, so we hit 4 resorts in 3 days. By the end, I was tired, sore, and oh so relaxed! We went to Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin and Vail! AMAZING!!!!!

Since I was with 3 boys who are all quite good, I spent a lot of time by myself casually cruising down the slopes. The best day was our first day, at Breckenridge. Huge wide runs, fresh snow, not too steep, and also I wasn't tired :) That day I managed to keep up with the boys all day! I was quite proud of myself. They even managed to drag me to the summit of hte mountain, 12, 840 feet!!!! It was a bit scarry up there and I'm glad that I didn't find out until after that it was a double black diamond run that I did to get down!

Overall, an amazing little getaway. I fell in love with Colorado and can't wait to go back.

Here are a few pics. I know it's not that great of a picture of us, but it shows us in all our tired and sun burn glory on our last night!

No comments: