Friday, December 19, 2008

The letter N

I usually don't participate in these things, but for some reason I thought why not with this one. A friend posted 10 things about herself starting with a certain letter and challenged her friends to do the same. I got the letter N. It was harder than I thought to come up with 10 things.

Of course I realized that when I went to do this post tonight that it's supposed to be 10 things I love, but I'm tweaking mine to be just 10 things about me. So here we go in no particular order:

1. Nurse. I am an almost nurse! In April I will graduate from the UBC School of Nursing and I couldn't be more excited about a) entering my new profession and b) getting a break from school. I truly enjoy my new career path and all of the amazing/exciting/wonderful/diverse opportunities that come with it.

2. Nectarines are my favorite fruit ever. If I could, I would eat them morning, noon and night, 365 days of the year!

3. Never ending is God's love, grace, mercy and forgiveness to me and I could not be more thankful. God defines my life, shapes my life and directs my life. Period.

4. No kids. Since we have been married for 3.5 years, this is a common question that we get.
Do you have kids? No, not yet.
When are you going to have kids? Someday.
Could you be more specific? No.

5. Nickie. You might be thinking that this is an obvious one since it's in the name of my blog, but here is a random detail about me and my name - until I was 8 years old, I simply thought that Nickie was my name. Then Ilearnt that my legal name was Nicole, and decided to go by that since it sounded so much more grown up! When I was 20, I switched back to Nickie - I think that it suits me better.

6. Nice. I try to be a nice person. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I just need to try harder.

7. Normal. I wouldn't really classify myself as normal. Many of the dreams and goals that I have get odd looks when I share them. But that's ok. Thankfully, my husband once told me that he loves me because I'm not normal and not like everyone else. He loves me because I'm me.

8. Nerd. And building on the last point, I'm a bit of a nerd. I love school, reading, science, history.... yeah, kinda nerdy. But I've come to terms with my nerdiness and decided to just embrace it. And it's not so bad because I'm a nerd with social skills - it would be so much worse if I were anti-social!

9. Novels. I LOVE to read. I'm quite indiscriminate too. I'll read anything from biographies, to historical novels, to mindless trashy romances. It just depends on my mood. But I love to read. During school, I usually don't let myself have a book on the go because if I get too into it, I will literally stay up until 3am reading, even if I have to get up at 5. Not good.

10. Next. I'm always looking for the next adventure, the next challenge, the next place to go. Even if i'm not done with the current thing I'm doing, I'm always thinking and dreaming of what is next.

So there you go - 10 random things about me that you may or may not have known. If you want to play, leave me a comment and I'll send you a letter to work with.

4 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

So fun! Thanks for doing that...I love learning new things about everyone! Merry Christmas!

Casey & Fawn said...

I love how "Nerd" is followed by "Novels" I love you because you are NOT normal too! ha ha ha Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

I love this game, so great to learn more about friends! I think I've always called you Nickie, even though I met you in high school... sorry! ;) But I agree, it does suit you - it's more fun!

The Gallagher Crew said...

Nickie does suit you better. You're just not a "Nicole"! =) Our hubby's are playing XBox live, so I thought I'd connect with you! Miss you tons!