Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin recipe

As per your request Treena, here is the recipe for pumpkin cookies! So yummy!!!

1 1/2 cups butter/shortening (I only use butter, but you can use a combo)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
16 oz packed canned pumpkin
2 tsp cinnamin
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour (I use whole wheat flour)
2 cups quick oats
2 cups chocolate chips

Combine butter and sugars. Add egg, vanilla, pumpkin, cinnamin, baking soda and salt. Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time. Add oats, then chocolate chips.

Drop cookies in rounds onto the baking sheet and press down lightly. Bake at 350 degrees. The recipe says to bake for 8-10 minutes, but I usually do them for 12. They have a bit more of a cake/bread texture than typical cookie texture, but they are so good! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Treena said...

Thanks Nikki!! I think I'll make these this weekend. :)