Monday, September 15, 2008

School so far

I've been back in school for 2 weeks now and already the work is piling on. The good news is that I only have 7 months left! Yay!!!!! I have one REALLY interesting class this term (acute med/surg nursing), one REALLY boring class (research - could it be any more dry and boring) and then a couple of others. Thankfully I have only 2 papers to write - way less than past terms. But the instructors have made up for that by assigning stupid amounts of reading.

My clinical placement this term is good in many ways, and bad in one. Bad first - it's at Lions Gate.... as in North Vancouver. As in 2 hours away! Yeah, I wasn't too pleased with that one. However, there is always a silver lining and in this case, it's more like a golden one. The other students in my group are FANTASTIC, my instructor seems to be pretty cool, the unit is interesting (it's a neuro unit) and the nurses there seem pretty night. And it's only for 10 weeks... I can survive that commute at 5am for 10 weeks... right? I sure hope so!

No comments: