Thursday, July 31, 2008

Got the job!

This happened last week, but it's been slightly busy so I'm only just getting around to posting it right now. I got a job!!! My very first nursing job! I will be an ESN (employed student nurse) in the Emergency Department of one of the major local hospitals. Why am I not naming said hospital? Because as I have learnt in reading other nursing/med blogs, it's prudent to not say where you actually work, because inevitably I will write stories about work. So, to protect the confidentiality of my patients, co-workers and due to liability stuff to do with the hospital, this is all I will say on here.

Anyways, I'm very excited about the opportunity to get some more hands on learning, see what it's like in the ER, and of course GET PAID!!! Yippee!!! So far I've only had orientation, but I'll let you know once I start working more.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

YaY for you and the new job!

And hip hip for moola - watch out Ross & TJ Max Nickie is employed!