Monday, June 16, 2008

Ready to Run

I've been very good about working out since the beginning of the year and I'm quite proud of myself. I have exercised at least 3 times per week, EVERY WEEK, since the begining of January - YAY ME!

In the past month, I had switched from speed walking to jogging. However when I jog, I have to do it outside. Somehow, I just can't handle doing it on the treadmill, even if I do have a show playing.

It has been a challenge to find a good running route. Around here, what goes down, must go back up! There are so many hills and I don't like to do hills at the very end, so I'm limited in my routes. But I've got a few down that are about 3.5 miles, so that will do for now. But I do need to find a longer 5-6 mile run... I'll keep you posted on if I find one.

I recently got a great pair of running pants that have two wonderful features: they have a handy little key pocket, and they stay up. I know, the second one seems ridiculous, but it was becoming a problem with the old pants.
And yesterday I got the final piece - the iPod shuffle! This is my first iPod of any sort and I will admit I was a bit skeptical. But now, I'm addicted!!! I loaded my random set of music, and headed out on a new route that includes a killer hill at the begining. Christina got me up the hill, and Irish jig got me into my groove, some techno got me through the long stretch, and then I hit my home run (I warned you my tastes in music were random). I really wanted to come in at my goal time and knew that I needed to push it for the last few minutes. I clicked next searching for something inpsirational and found it! I pounded it home to Scotty Doesn't Know and made it in 2 minutes UNDER my goal time!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

YAY --- for you for getting an Ipod shuffle and YAY for doing your run under your goal time and YAY for me for not being the only person that doesn't have any sort of "ipod" yet ;)