Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Log your run

I've been meaning to post about this website for a while - it's my new favorite. It's a FREE site that tracks your workouts for you. I log all of my runs, hikes, bike rides, etc on there. My favorite part about it is that you can trace your running route out on a map and it will tell you exactly how far it is! And for the anal numbers people of the world, such as me, that is VERY cool! Once you have traced your route, you name it, and then you can easily select it when you are logging your runs.

It also keeps track of your pace (breaks it down to average min/mile), and your total mileage. So far this year I have done 241.2 miles, with my best pace being 10 min 42 sec/mile. And yes, I am a numbers geek.

I realized today that I tend to compose blog posts in my mind while running. Yet another oddity about me. If only I could write my papers in my head while running - now that would be great!

And I'm still in love with my new iPod shuffle - I seriously don't know how I ran without it! The only problem that I'm having is that the earphones that it came with are only ok. For some reason, I can't get it to stay in my right ear. So if anyone knows of a good brand of ear phones that can handle the jostling of jogging - let me know, I'm all ears! (Get it - ears! Ok. I'm lame. I know.)

No comments: