Sunday, June 29, 2008

First week: survived

I made it through my first week of geriatrics. It wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but it was pretty boring. I think the worst part about the week was having $35 stolen from my wallet from INSIDE the LOCKED staff room on the unit. Yeah, that sucks.

It's terrible to say, but I'm really not that impressed with the nurses on the unit. They seem to not really care about what they are doing and give me the impression that they are annoyed with us students. Why be annoyed with us???? WE ARE DOING THEIR JOB FOR THEM!!!! All they have to do is listen to us report off aobut the patient for 30 seconds. That's it! We do EVERYTHING else! Very annoying. And the nurses are never around because they are constantly on super long breaks.

But I can make it! There are 6 clinical days left. But one of those I will be shadowing the geriatric nurse clinician in the ER, and the last day is usually half taken up with evaluations etc. So that means I only have to make it through 4.5 more days. I can do it!!!

Now all I have to do is pass the impossible quizes and final exam!

1 comment:

Casey & Fawn said...

Oh pal you are almost there, way to go, I am so proud of you!