Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm old, I'm young

Last semester I felt like being nice so I brought some baking to my seminar group. It was greatly enjoyed and devoured. However, later that day I overhead a little 19 year old from my group tell her friend that "a nice lady" brought in some baking. I felt like I was 50 years old.

Fastforward to today. I went to a job fair at VGH and I was talking with the recruiter about the different locations that I could work at. She then asked me if I lived at home.... as in with the parents. I was quite taken aback since I haven't "lived at home" in nearly 10 years! I politely responded that I owned my home, and my friend piped up beside me and announced I was married. I think that she felt bad because later she said that I just looked so young, and blah blah blah. At least she thought I looked young!

No comments: