Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Manning Park

This past weekend we enjoyed the splendor of beautiful BC in Manning Park. We camped with our good friends Sarah and Kris at Coldspring and had a WONDERFUL time!!!
We spent a good part of the day on Saturday hiking around Lighting Lake and Flash Lake. It was such a gorgeous walk and we had a great time.

The boys were quite tired when we got back to the site and were eager to sit down and grab a few beers. After we got dinner going, Sarah and I were just as eager to join them. :)
We spent our evenings and mornings just sitting around the campfire relaxing, talking and laughing. Even though it was only a few hours from home, it felt like we were so far and it was great to just get away and relax.
And of course on our way home on Sunday we had to go to the theater and watch the Simpsons Movie. My dear husband claimed that he could not show his face at work on Monday morning if he hadn't seen it. So, after not showering for over two days, being on a long sweaty hike, and chilling around a smoky campfire, we got to go into a public setting. I was so NOT excited about that since I knew that I looked terrible and smelled even worse! But we had a good time and I must admit that the movie was more clever than I expected.

No comments: